Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
Srinagar7 days ago
- Copy link
Fire in hotel, Photo: Abid Bhat
A massive fire broke out in the Welcome Hotel near Dal Lake on Bolvarj Road in Srinagar, Kashmir Valley on Tuesday. According to eyewitnesses, the hotel and the surrounding area became panic-stricken after the fire. The fire was reportedly caused by a short circuit.
Rescuers at the scene evacuated all the people from the hotel. At present, snowfall season is going on in Kashmir. Due to this, many tourists have reached here. On Sunday, Srinagar received 3 to 4 inches of snow.
Panic: Turbulence in tourists
Due to the fire, smoke began to rise from the entire hotel. An atmosphere of panic was created among the tourists. Many tourists started breathing due to the smoke.
Relief: all evacuated
As soon as the information was received, fire brigade and rescuers reached the spot. Those trapped on the upper floors were evacuated with the help of stairs. All are safe